Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day TWELVE - M.I.E.

Day TWELVE – June 28, 2010
Today was a regular day. We went to school and had a nice day in class. Chipo brought family photos to class to show us everyone she talks about. Danielle read a book to the students in English and I think I most of them enjoyed it. Some student’s English isn’t that good so they probably got lost at some parts, but we tried our best to help them understand. After that I tried to loosen them up by teaching them "If You're Happy and You Know It." They all loved it!

Instead of staying for our Literacy in Mother Tongue class Dr. Barber said we could go to M.I.E., which is the Malawi Institute of Education, to meet up with the other two universities to join in on their end of the day discussion. It was a decent walk and I enjoyed it because I was kind of tired of traveling everywhere by bus. When we got there we got to hear about everybody’s day and then we went to go see the very small hospital nearby. I was kind of sad and disappointed that they didn’t have a better hospital. There was like four small buildings; one was the maternity wing, one was they very sick wing and then they had a building for me and one for women. If I had a lot of money I would build them a nice hospital with a lot of supplies because that was really sad.

Later on we went into the market and to the stores to get more supplies and to look around. That was pretty much how the day went.

No comments:

Post a Comment