Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day TWENTY NINE - Going Home

Day TWENTY NINE – July 15, 2010
Today we went into town to buy last minute souvenirs before we got on our flight. All of us felt like pros when bargaining with the vendors because we did it so much at the market in Zomba; some of us even helped other visitors that were from Europe with bargaining with the vendors because we didn’t want them to get tricked for their money.

I was very excited to get home, but I felt the complete opposite about getting on the plane. Traveling from Africa to the United States is just entirely too long. The first flight is shorter so I did well on that one, but the second flight from Ethiopia to the United States really got to me and I had a middle seat.

We traveled the whole day and got to the United States the following morning. I have never been so happy to the US in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment